17 Apr 12 Common Farsi Words & Phrases
There are over 100 million people around the world who speak Persian, or as its native speakers commonly refer to it as ‘Farsi’. It is the most widely spoken language of all Indo-Iranian languages and spoken primarily in Iran (official language) and Afghanistan. The Farsi language is spoken by a significant number of people in countries including Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan. It is also widely used in the Arab world, specifically in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries.
Familiarize yourself with the below list of common words and phrases to kick-start your Persian language learning.
1. سلام – salam – Hi
2. صبح بخیر – sobh bekheyr – Good morning
3. عصر بخیر – asr bekheyr – Good evening
4. خوش آمدید – khosh amadid – Welcome
5. حال شما چطوره؟ – haleh shoma chetoreh? – How are you?
6. خوبم – khoobam – I’m doing well
7. ممنون خیلی – (kheily) mamnoon – Thank you (very much)
8. خداحافظ -khodahafez – Goodbye
9. اسم شما چیه؟ – esme shoma chieh? – What is your name?
10. شما اهل کجاید؟ – shoma ahl e koja hastid? – Where are you from?
11. من اهل (…) – man ahl e (…) – I’m from ( … )
12. ببخشید – bebakhshid – Excuse Me
Start learning the language of one of the oldest civilizations to ever exist in history. Join a group or one-to-one course today!